This Ann Arbor City Council meeting was held in person at City Hall. Members of the public can participate in public hearings and public comment either in person or via phone.
CM Grand was absent
CM Hayner was absent
CM Song was absent
Ann Arbor City Council Meeting Summary
APPROVED: $7,496,424 Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Enerlogics Networks, Inc. will fund the installation, operation, and maintenance of solar infrastructure at seven locations at City facilities. The installations are predicted to provide over 3 megawatts of power. (Legistar)
- A PPA was chosen as the preferred contracting vehicle because the City did not have the capital to directly purchase the solar installations at all sites outright. The PPA allows the City to use the power generated from the solar installations at each site, with additional energy usage purchased from DTE. At any point, the City can purchase the solar systems at fair market value; otherwise, the City will continue to pay the PPA for 20 years, with the option of extending the contract beyond that.
- City Council previously approved $4.5 million in ARPA funds for this project. Under this agreement, the City will make an upfront payment of $3,419,000 using $3,100,00 from ARPA funding and $319,000 from the Public Safety Rebate associated with the Community Mental Health and Public Safety millage.
APPROVED: $520,172 contract with Enerlogics Networks, Inc will purchase and install solar energy storage and battery systems at the Water Treatment Plant and the Wastewater Treatment plant. This is funded from the Public Safety Rebate associated with the Community Mental Health and Public Safety millage. (Legistar)
APPROVED: $98,306 purchase of 13 electric vehicle charging stations at City facilities: Burns Park Senior Center, Fuller Park, Veterans Memorial Park, Huron Hills Golf Course, and Leslie Park Golf Course. This is funded from the Public Safety Rebate associated with the Community Mental Health and Public Safety millage. (Legistar)
APPROVED: $505,567 construction contract for repairs and renovations of the Bandemer Park Bridge. Steel stringers will be replaced and floor beams painted, among other essential repairs to this pedestrian bridge. (Legistar)
APPROVED: $2,329,200 construction contract for work on a water main, curb ramps, crosswalks, and resurfacing of Platt Road from Packard to Huron Parkway. An amendment was approved directing the City Administrator to incorporate bike facilities into the final plan, in accordance with the City’s transportation plan, which identifies this corridor as an All Ages and Abilities Bicycle Route. (Legistar)
APPROVED: $4,230,895.60 construction contract for the replacement of asphalt pavement and installation of sidewalks, bike lanes, and stormwater upgrades at Geddes Avenue (Observatory to Highland Road) and Huron Parkway and Tuebingen. (Legistar)
APPROVED: Annexation of 5.71-acres at 2600 Pontiac Trail from Ann Arbor Township to the City of Ann Arbor. (Legistar)
- From the resolution: “Council action on the proposed R4A zoning will be scheduled after the annexation process is complete.”
- This annexation was approved by the Planning Commission on April 19, 2022: https://a2council.com/ann-arbor-city-planning-commission-april-19-2022
APPROVED: Due to ongoing renovation and construction work by Ann Arbor Public Schools, eight polling places for the August 2, 2022 primary will be relocated. It is expected that all affected voters will be able to return to their usual polling place on November 8, 2022. (Legistar)
- Ward 1 Precincts 2 & 3: Community High to Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum (220 E. Ann St)
- Ward 2 Precinct 18: Clague Middle School to Thurston Elementary (2300 Prairie St)
- Ward 3 Precinct 24: Tappan Middle School to Burns Park Elementary (1414 Wells St)
- Ward 3 Precincts 27, 29, 30: Scarlett Middle School and Pittsfield Elementary to Mitchell Elementary (3550 Pittsview Dr)
- Ward 5 Precinct 43: Bach Elementary to Pioneer High School (601 W. Stadium Blvd)
- Ward 5 Precinct 47: Eberwhite Elementary to Slauson Middle School (1019 W. Washington)
- Ward 5 Precincts 52, 53: Forsythe Middle School to Ann Arbor Open (920 Miller Ave)