This is a recording I made of a Zoom audio meeting held on Wednesday, May 17, 2023 by the Ann Arbor Airport Advisory Committee. Video was not made available.
Topics discussed included:
- Timestamp 8m56s: The recent deer cull on Airport grounds.
- Timestamp 15m27s: An update on the lease of 719 Airport Drive, which was initially approved by City Council for Beacon Aviation on Nov 21, 2022 (https://a2council.com/ann-arbor-city-council-november-21-2022/) and later changed to Herron Aviation Group LLC on April 17, 2023 (https://a2council.com/ann-arbor-city-council-april-17-2023/)
- Timestamp 27m58s: An update on the environmental assessment and next steps for potential runway expansion.
- Timestamp 37m20s: An update on the voluntary noise abatement program. This program is described in a PDF loaded to City’s website: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/fleet-facility/Airport/Documents/NABrochureFIN.pdf
Current Airport Advisory Committee members are listed on the City’s website: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/fleet-facility/Airport/pages/airportadvisory.aspx
- Greg Farris, Chair
- Melanie McNicholas, Vice-Chair
- Fred Hall
- Kelly Burris
- Rosemary ‘Nel’ Faulkner
- Mark Perry
- Theresa Whiting (this term expires on May 31, 2023)
- Erica Briggs, City Council Representative
- Chris Watson, City Council Representative
- Jan Godek, Lodi Township Representative
- Matthew Harshberger, Pittsfield Township Representative
- Matthew Kulhanek, Airport Manager
This is the Legistar link for this meeting: http://a2gov.legistar.com/MeetingDetail.aspx?ID=1067712&GUID=07FD5F52-8F44-4535-AF20-8A42C738890A