This Ann Arbor City Council meeting was held in person at City Hall. Members of the public can participate in public hearings and public comment either in person or via phone.
Ann Arbor City Council Meeting Summary
APPROVED: A $1,360,502.72 construction contract with Bailey Excavating for replacement of a water main, street surfacing, and construction of curbs, gutters, and sidewalk ramps as part of the Third and Mosley Water Main and Resurfacing Project. (Legistar)
- This was offered as a substitution for the staff-recommended contract with E.T. Mackenzie, which was postponed from the Feb 22, 2022 meeting.
- Picking & Choosing Contractors
Two resolutions related to traffic calming
- APPROVED: Traffic calming devices – two (2) raised crosswalks and three (3) speed humps – on Longman-Fairview at a cost of $50,000. (Legistar)
- APPROVED: Traffic calming devices – one (1) speed hump and two (2) traffic calming signs – on Northside Avenue at a cost of $12,000. (Legistar)
APPROVED: An Industrial Development District (IDD) is established at 3874 Research Park Drive (plus four adjacent vacant lots), as requested by Sartorius BioAnalytical Instruments, Inc. for Sartorius/Research Park. An IDD will allow for local Tax Abatement for the benefit of Sartorius, through an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate. (Legistar)
- On January 3, 2022, City Council held a public hearing (without any vote) regarding the establishment of this industrial development district. (Legistar)
APPROVED: Appropriation of $30,177.39 from the General Fund toward a Design and Cost Estimate of an East-West Pathway under the East Medical Center Drive bridge. (Legistar)
- A2ELNEL: E Medical Center Bridge Update (Feb 2022)
APPROVED: In anticipation of the retirement of current City Attorney Stephen Postema (3/11/22) and the employment of successor City Attorney Atleen Kaur (beginning on 4/11/22), Chief Deputy City Attorney Kevin McDonald is appointed Interim City Attorney from March 12 until April 10, 2022. Mr McDonald will be paid the current salary for the City Attorney while he serves as Interim City Attorney. (Legistar)