This Ann Arbor City Council meeting was held in person at City Hall.
This was the first Council meeting for CM Griswold, CM Hayner, CM Nelson, CM Ramlawi.
Ann Arbor City Council Meeting Summary
APPROVED: CM Lumm was elected Mayor Pro Tem.
APPROVED: $250,000 budget amendment to the office of Sustainability and Innovations (Legistar) Approved projects:
- $200,000 for Net Zero Affordable Housing (solar, electrification, other upgrades to property on Broadway)
- $15,000 for additional EV stations
- $10,000 seed funding for resilience hubs
- $25,000 for feasibility studies, legal analysis, and other pre-work needed for large scale solar installations at city-owned properties
- Three line items were rejected: $14,000 for professional development, $10,000 for educational and community outreach materials, and $39,000 for staffing.
- A2ELNEL: Additional Thoughts (Nov 18, 2018) – Sustainability and Innovations Funding
- A2ELNEL: Climate Change Action Funding
APPROVED: A survey of residents will be conducted (using funds previously allocated) to collect input on use of the untethered rebate money from the mental health and public safety millage. (Legistar)
APPROVED: Staff recommended updates to the City’s Traffic Calming Program, including industry best practices, staff observations, past project area feedback, and peer community review (Legistar)
APPROVED: $32,779 additional funds to complete Scio Church Road Improvements Project (Legistar)