This meeting was held in person at City Hall.
POSTPONED: Planned Unit Development (PUD) text amendment for 3520 Green Court, which will also require City Council approval. This item was postponed to the November 1, 2023 Planning Commission meeting. (Legistar)
- From the staff report dated October 6, 2023 (link) “The proposed PUD Zoning District revisions, initially discussed on September 19, 2023, were deferred to October 17th due to concerns about public benefits and PUD Supplemental Regulations. The petitioner is collaborating with parcel owners within the PUD Zoning District to address these concerns and requests a further postponement to the November 1st Planning Commission meeting.”
- This item was originally postponed at the Sept 19, 2023 Planning meeting https://a2council.com/ann-arbor-city-planning-commission-september-19-2023/
- According to the staff report for the Sept 19, 2023 meeting (link) “The original PUD Zoning was approved in 1998 for five parcels totaling just over 35 acres. Four of the parcels have existing buildings that were constructed just after the original PUD approval in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. One of the parcels addressed as 3525 Green Court has remained vacant and is 7.2 acres in area“
- A pre-petition PUD conference for this property was held with the Planning Commission on October 11, 2022. (Legistar) No minutes or video of this meeting were made available by the City.
- UPDATE: On October 19, 2023, the University of Michigan Regents approved the purchase of 3520 Green Court. From the proposal (link): “This property will provide significant flexible space and enable a number of key priorities for the College of Engineering and other academic units. These include providing space for the Michigan Mobility initiative, collaborative research centers, administrative and support activities, as well as swing space for future renovations. A purchase price of $6,650,000 has been established with a tentative closing in December 2023, all subject to approval by the Board of Regents. Existing tenants will be allowed to continue for the remainder of their leases.”
- Minutes from the October 19, 2023 University of Michigan Regents’ meeting: https://regents.umich.edu/meetings/agendas/october-19-2023/
POSTPONED: Site plan for 3874 Research Park Drive. The plan is for a “Phase II” addition to an office/research building currently under construction. The original building is 131,000 sq ft; the proposed addition is 110,800 sq ft, and will include office, research, and lab space. An additional 77 parking spaces would be added, for a total of 376. This item was postponed to the November 1, 2023 meeting. (Legistar)
- The developers held a public engagement meeting for this expansion on February 15, 2023: https://a2council.com/3874-research-park-drive-sartorius-public-engagement-meeting-february-15-2023/
APPROVED: Site plan for University of Michigan Credit Union at 2935 Plymouth Road. The existing two-story 26,330 sq ft office building will be demolished and replaced with a single story 4790 sq ft credit union building with no drive through lanes. The existing 1.73 acre parcel will be divided into a 0.99 acre parcel for the credit union, and a 0.74 acre parcel to remain vacant. (Legistar)
- A site plan that included three drive through lanes was denied by the Planning Commission on April 4, 2023: https://a2council.com/ann-arbor-city-planning-commission-april-4-2023/
- The Planning Commission denied reconsideration of the site plan on April 18, 2023: https://a2council.com/ann-arbor-city-planning-commission-april-18-2023/
Legistar and Video Links
Meeting Length: 1h 46m