This was the fifth regular Ann Arbor City Council meeting since Governor Whitmer declared a state of emergency and stay-at-home order due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This meeting was held online via the Zoom application.
Ann Arbor City Council Meeting Summary
Note: An agenda item to approve the collective bargaining agreement between the City of Ann Arbor and the Ann Arbor Police Officers Association was pulled from the agenda before the meeting started.
APPROVED: A2Zero Ann Arbor Carbon Neutrality Plan passed unanimously (Legistar)
- Amendment language proposed by Dr Stults to remove “by right” and “up to quadplexes”, and substitute “exploring ways to increase housing” was approved unanimously. Later amendment approved unanimously to replace “exploring ways” with “supporting policies”.
- A2ELNEL: A2ZERO: Working Together for Carbon Neutrality
APPROVED: $35,000 Fair Food grant for Double Up Food Bucks program at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market for SNAP recipients (Legistar)
APPROVED: $145,000 for Gallup Vehicle Bridge Improvement Project (Legistar)
APPROVED: $830,620 for bulk chemical purchases, Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant (Legistar)
APPROVED: Direction to prepare ballot language for a Street, Bridge, and Sidewalk Millage (Legistar)
- Renewal of 2.125 from 2016
- Additional .20 mil for construction of new sidewalks
APPROVED: Preparation of plans and specifications for Boardwalk Drive Sidewalk Gap Project (Legistar)
APPROVED: Resolution deferring water rate increases for six months for internal re-assessment of tiering and cost-of-service charges. (Legistar)
- TABLED: 6% increase on water rates, tabled until DC-1 above completed (Legistar)
APPROVED: Resolution for Downtown Street Closures for weekend hours during pandemic period as requested by merchant/business associations. Beginning as soon as 6/12/20 and ending 8/23/20 (Legistar)
APPROVED: Expansion of local liquor license service areas to include outdoor, adjacent property (including the street) where license holders have proper permission from the State. (Legistar)